Children's Hospital & Medical Center Pediatric CNA Program
Course Time Commitment:
- 7 hour course 3.5 hours online prior to class
- 3.5 hours on-site instruction, training and sign-off
Tuition for your Certification:
- Paid in Full – $175
- Ask about our payment plan
At the End of the Course, You Will Be Able To:
- Demonstrate basic pediatric nursing skills
- Define/understand the scope of practice of the nurse aide and their role as part of the health care team
- Define/assess the growth and development stages with communication and behavior management strategies for each stage
- Identify/report emotional, physical and sexual abuse and neglect
- Understand patient rights and mental health needs of minors
- Demonstrate effective communication, interaction and de-escalation techniques while providing cares and with family members involved
Requirements To Enroll in The CNA Course:
- Must have an active CNA license or currently attending classes at Quality prior to enrolling in this course
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- In good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds
- Attend class at the Quality Career Pathways school in Omaha, NE
Did you know....
- If you want to work in a hospital setting, you will be required to have your Basic Life Support Certification?
- Your BLS certificate includes CPR for child and infant?
- BLS certificate is valid for 2 yrs?